Explore Invergordon’s history in a picture!
An amazing outdoor art gallery of large scale professionally painted murals celebrating the heritage of Invergordon. One of the first in Scotland.
Listen to local people and artists bring the murals to life as you follow the FREE App guided tour. Discover the stories within each mural, watch artists painting and describing how they work in video clips. Find out how the local community were involved in each stage of the project.
Look out for the special features as you follow the trail!
- At the museum you can find out how the mural panels used to look through the magic of your phone.
- There are opportunities to share your favourite murals with friends on social media.
- You can use the Souvenir Photo frames to take a photo and become a lifeboat crew member, a Drum Major or the Station Mistress.
- You can become a Mural Detective and see if you can find the answers to the quiz as you follow the trail!
- Collect the mural badges each time you visit a mural! Tap the rosette in the top right corner of the app mural page when you are on site and the mural icon on the badges page will become full colour once you have checked in this way. When you’ve visited all the murals you can share this with your friends too!
- Follow the trail from Invergordon Railway Station up the High Street to the Invergordon Museum, using the map on the app to guide you. You can start anywhere along the trail. It’s easy to walk to from the Port. For the whole trail allow 60-90 minutes approx. You can also follow the trail in stages. Visit a few murals and then have a tea break!
Our unique outdoor art gallery in the Scottish Highlands
We invite you to share our pride in the large and small stories that chronicle the history of Invergordon in this most accessible public art form – the mural.
This inspiring community public art project was dreamt up and co-ordinated by the visionary group of volunteers called Invergordon Off the Wall.
The Invergordon Mural Trail was officially launched by Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal in September 2007.
For more information and to download the FREE APP, please see http://www.invergordonoffthewall.org.uk